Friday, July 16, 2010

Iron-on Flocking Craft for Pixel Pop Event, Tonight!




Weeeeeeee! My WonderCraft partners & I have had so much fun getting ready for Pixel Pop, a comic book-themed art, fashion & music event! I made this painted cupcake hoodie, which also has a paint tube across the bottom pocket. "H" is my nickname, to distinguish me from my partner Beth A, aka "A."

Tonight at Pixel Pop we'll be making these iron-on flocking designs with party-goers & I think it's going to be so much fun! Guests can make a hoodie like ours, a t-shirt, a tote bag, a sew-on patch or pocket, or superhero-style wrist cuffs like Jen is sporting here. The cuffs are made from t-shirt scraps & let you play Wonder Woman or your comic hero of choice.

I love the giant scissors on Beth A's hoodie below - supercrafty!

So come on out to this fantastic event tonight at The Mohawk. There will be lots of fab local artists such as our pal, Anne Marie Beard, whipping up custom mini-wallets on the spot; a cool fashion show from Team Fabrication; great music; food and drinks & more! Along with our crafty make & take, we'll also have a pop-up shop with selected items from Stella's Boutique. And best of all, the door fee benefits Health Alliance for Austin Musicians!




blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin