Friday, July 17, 2009

The WonderCraft's first public appearance - a success & a total blast!



Last night my newest creative venture, The WonderCraft, unveiled our crafty plans to take over the world (or at least Austin)! 2 of my biz partners, Beth A & Kim, & I were at the Austin Handmade Grand Re-Opening Party (our other partner, Jen, was out of town this time). We had so much fun telling folks about our new biz, doing a make 'n take wrist cuff project with the party-goers, celebrating the success of Austin Handmade & their awesome new location (where we will be holding many of our WonderCraft classes - super excited about that!), and being a part of the Austin Fashion Week fun.

Local designer Robie of Parsimony was there showing her adorable dresses & tunics. I finally got to meet Adrienne of All Things Austin Design, whose blog I am a big fan of. I had a great time making upcycled wrist cuffs with two of my EtsyAustin teammates shown above, Cathie of Sweet Wolf & Brandy of Pigsey Art. I was totally digging that cheetah! I was so caught up in it all that I only took these 2 pics. Hopefully I can snag some more from other peeps that were there. Thanks to all who came out & shared in the fun!

If you missed us, I hope you'll come out & meet us at The All Austin All Handmade Bash on July 31st! It promises to be a great time. We'll be there doing more DIY projects and there will also be local handmade vendors, live music, a fashion show, goody bags & raffle prizes, tasty beverages and more! It's another Electric Promotions event, so you know it will be good!

2 comments:

  1. awesome wrist cuffs! yay wondercraft! that All Austin All Handmade event looks SUPER cool, but unfortunately I'm going to be out of town :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did I miss the post where you explain exactly what the Wondercraft is all about? I'm excited for you, but I am also easily confused. :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin