Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Adaptive reUse Explains How to Deconstruct Tin



I was very excited yesterday to see that Austin's own upcycled jewelry superstar, Christine Terrell of adaptive reUse, was featured in Craft! Christine's jewelry is just the best - she makes wondrous & amazing things from old tins. Craft featured a great post from Christine's blog detailing how she takes apart those tins. It's a very interesting read - I had no idea just how she did it. It is no easy feat! So if you're curious too, hop on over and read her post, "Tin Deconstruction."

photo by Christine Terrell







Here's a pic {apologies for the blurriness} of my own adaptive reUse piece, a beautiful red rose. It's a real favorite of mine & I always get tons of compliments when I wear it. I love being able to tell people about the local artist that made it! I know Christine through the EtsyAustin team, and she is wonderful. In fact, I've been meaning to feature her on Local Talent Tuesday, but as you may have noticed, I've been slacking a bit with those blog posts. It is a very exciting time for me right now, with the upcoming launch of The WonderCraft, but along with all of the excitement has come a ton of work and filled-to-the-brim days (and nights) trying to get it all done. I hope to get back to posting more frequently in the near future. Until then...
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin