Monday, February 15, 2010

Weekend Ink Sketches




Over the weekend I did some playing around with brush & ink, my favorite medium these days. I was mainly experimenting to see what kinds of textures & varying sizes of brush stroke I could create by "letting the brush do all the work," as they say in art classes.


Coming up with some patterns that can be used here and there as borders & embellishments was my main goal.

I gathered some scrapbooking papers & this photo of a bullfighter's costume from National Geographic & taped them into my sketchbook for inspiration.


I'm feeling pretty productive lately - been working on my kids' activity book & got 2 more pages done! I'll post about those soon. Hope your Monday is off to a great start!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin