Thursday, January 7, 2010

Digi-Doodle: Patterned Elephant



I'm a bit obsessed with applying patterns & textures to things using Illustrator tools right now. There's a pattern called "elephant," so of course I had to try that out! It's the one I used for the elephant's skin, plus I applied a transparent green overlay to it.

This illustration was inspired by a dot-to-dot version of Elsa the Elephant that I'm working on right now for my kids' activity book. Stay tuned for more on that new item!

Care to join me in my "A Design A Day" challenge? Do your own doodle, post it on your blog or Flickr account, then leave a link to it in the comments below. It can be in any medium - photography, digital illustration, collage or traditional illustration that you simply scan in - anything you like. I'd love to see what creative things you're doing!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin