Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Digi-Doodle: Crazy Canna



Inspired by sites such as Illustration Friday & iHanna's Creative Space, I've decided to challenge myself to do a little digital illustration each day. Just a quick, purely for fun, no-pressure little doodle; a way to feed my brain & stimulate my creativity. Sometimes these little doodle-y designs may lead to a bigger project, but often they will not (although subconsciously they may start some synapses a-firing in my brain that lead to other ideas that lead to a project down the road). In any case, I just want to have fun with it, not over-think it & just do it!

For this first design, I started by scanning in an old sketch of one of my all-time favorite flowers, a canna. I then used Adobe Illustrator to turn the drawing into a vector image & add colors & patterns. Boldly polka-dotted leaves - sure, why not?!

Care to join me in my "A Design A Day" challenge? Do your own doodle, post it on your blog, then leave a link to it in the comments below. It can be in any medium - photography, digital illustration, collage or traditional illustration that you simply scan in - anything you like. I'd love to see what creative things you're doing!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin