Pretty, no? That was taken at The Great Outdoors last summer. I felt like giving myself flowers because today is my one month blog-o-versary! I participate in the Monthly Goal Meetup on the Modish Biz Tips blog, and it's time for another check-in. In fact, the Goal Meetup was the impetus to getting this blog rolling exactly one month ago! It's a really neat idea aimed at connecting small biz owners to help hold each other accountable - a really important factor for those of us working from home. It's great to see what others are doing & give each other feedback & support. So here's how I did in April:
2) increase my Etsy shop listings to 50 items
4) add at least 2 more stores to my list of retailers
6) develop some lower-priced items such as brooches & digital prints to diversify my line
7) post new pics to my Flickr groups
Well, 3 out of 7 ain't bad, right? The new & improved snuggleherd.com is up & I hope you'll check it out. I got blogging (obviously) & it's been really fun. I've been posting at least 4 times a week. Thanks to everyone who's been reading & cheering me on! And I'm this close to finishing the development & production of my monkeys - so close that I'm going to count it as an accomplished goal. ; ) Look for them to be featured here soon! I've done some work on goal #6, but still want to do a lot more. As for the other goals, well, not so much. I'll carry those over to April, plus add a few more:
1) increase my Etsy shop listings to 50 items
2) add at least 2 more stores to my list of retailers
3) develop some lower-priced items such as brooches & digital prints to diversify my line
4) post new pics to my Flickr groups
5) update my wholesale line sheet to include baby clothing line
6) design a coupon to include with orders to encourage repeat customers
7) research displays for boutiques (a better rack for my toys, to keep them more neatly arranged and a card rack for my stationery line)
I could go on and on, but I think I'll try to stick with 7 per month. That seems doable...
If you're participating, please leave a link to your blog post about your goals in the comments below. May you all have a productive & prosperous month!