Thursday, July 8, 2010

Snuggle Herd Mystery Revealed!



elehpants_polkadot

All of you who guessed "elephant ears" were correct, and Meredith, you are the winner! I will contact you later today about your prize, a set of my "Say What?!" coloring cards. I was very amused by all of the creative answers - thanks for playing, everyone!

elephants_basket2

I've been working on a slight re-design of Elsa the Elephant, so it was sort of a trick question! The ears I'm making now are quilted, so they look a bit different.

elephants_basket1

The material I'm using for the body is now quilter's cotton instead of upcycled t-shirts. Using cotton allows me to skip a couple of steps & make them more quickly & easily. However, I think I may still keep making the t-shirt ones as a "luxe" type of item because they are sooooo cuddly soft, and I like the re-use aspect. I'm going to be using many vintage & re-purposed fabrics for these new cotton ones, too, to keep them earth-friendly.

elephants_spotty

I hope to have these new elephants listed in my Etsy shop soon. Also working on a few other super-cute animals... stay tuned!



blog comments powered by Disqus
Blog Widget by LinkWithin